Participation in Community Events
- Oppenheimer Companies – Boise, Idaho – Professional Leadership Workshop
- Fisher’s Technology, Boise Idaho – “The Art of the Meal.”
- Speaker for Idaho Women Veterans Conference “Creative Dressing without Breaking the Bank.”
- College of Western Idaho – “Wardrobe Planning – Common Courtesies in the Workplace”
- Smart Women – Smart Money Conference – 2009 Fashion Show with Carolyn Holly, KTVB. Planning a wardrobe with great variety. Dillards – Boise provided the clothes.
- Middleton High School-for 5 years Ruth has participated as an Facilitator providing Mock Interviews for the school’s Junior classes.
- Eagle High School – Self Esteem workshop for Special Students
- Speaker for eWomen Network – 2008
- Volunteer as Art Curator for Eagle Arts Commission – 2007-2011. Promoting Artists from the state of Idaho and organizing art exhibits for the city in two galleries.
- Regular Volunteer for Dress for Success-Boise Valley – Dressing less fortunate women and preparing for the workplace.
- Boise District Adult Education – Boise Idaho – Business Wardrobe and Business Essentials
- Perfect Pair Shoe Boutique – “Women and their Shoes” Shoes are a very important accessory.
- Empowering Women Conference – Nampa, Idaho
- Renewed Expressions Consignment – Meridian, Idaho
- Presenter for National Association of Women Business Owners – NAWBO -Versatility in the well-planned wardrobe.
- Hire Idaho Speakers Showcase under the direction of Vincent Kituku and Associates.
- Speaker for Red Hat Society – Nampa, Idaho
- Toastmasters Conference – Presenter of workshops on First Impressions – Professional Wardrobe. “Looks Speak Louder than Words.”
- Idaho Business Professionals of America (BPA) Planning a Professional Wardrobe on a Budget.
- Stevens Henager College – Boise, Idaho – Wardrobe
- ITT Technical College – Boise, Idaho – Preparing for the Interview and Professional Dress.
- Boys and Girls Club – Ada County – Coached Youth of the Year in 2009 who became the Pacific Regional Winner for 2011 and later went on to Washington DC to compete for the National Youth of the Year Award 2011.
Awards and Recognitions
Recipient of the Idaho Business Review Women of the Year 2008 Award.
Featured in an Eagle Magazine Article, May-June 2008, “The Queen of Eagle”.
Awarded “Business Woman of the Year 2011” by the National Association of Women Business Owners – Boise (NAWBO)
Recipient of Toastmasters International Awards. Competent Communicator, (CC) Competent Leader, (CL)and Advanced Communicator Bronze (ACB). Member of Capitol Club, Boise, Idaho.
Received recognition of commitment to Women Veterans from The Idaho Veterans Conference – 2011.
Friends Ruth Supports
Toastmasters International is the leading movement devoted to making effective oral communication a worldwide reality. Through its member clubs, Toastmasters International helps men and women learn the arts of speaking, listening and thinking.
Terri Britt – Is a spiritual coach and motivational speaker. She is the author of the “Enlightened Mom: A Mother’s Guide for Bringing Peace, Love and Light to your Family’s Life.” www.theenlightenedmom.com
Dr. Vincent Kituku – A sought after motivational speaker and coach who hails from Kenya, Africa. He takes African wisdom and blends it into corporate America. “What we do for ourselves can get us by. What we do for others is what gets us ahead; Whether in our profession, spiritual pursuits or relationships.” Ruth is a member of Kituku & Associates. www.Kituku.com
Opera Idaho – A non-profit whose primary mission is to fund and produce grand opera of the highest possible professional standard in Boise and throughout the state of Idaho.